Join IWOC on November 10th for a timely presentation by Lawyers for the Creative Arts.
You may have been troubled by the challenges independent contractors could be facing because of California’s AB5 law – a law that has spurred similar legislative action in New Jersey, and has even reached the U.S. Congress in the form of the Federal PRO Act (Protecting the Right to Organize Act of 2019/HR2474). The PRO Act passed in the House in February and awaits Senate ruling. Should it become law, it can affect “right to work” laws and freelancers of all stripes nationwide.
Issues to be covered will include...
• How will such laws affect you, your freedom, your flexibility and the clients you work for?
• What will be the advantages/disadvantages?
• Need we be concerned about the possible spread of such laws?
• How can we legally establish ourselves so as to continue working as independent contractors?
• Will forming a business entity, such as a corporation or LLC, accomplish that? Which form would be better? How would we go about forming that entity?
This is a topic that concerns us all. So bring the questions you’re sure to have for the Q&A following the presentation.
FREE for IWOC and IWOSC members.
$10.00 for non-members.
NON-MEMBERS: Please click the "Register" button at left to pay in advance. Once payment is confirmed, you will be sent the Zoom registration info. REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 5:30 pm on 11/10.
MEMBERS: Please do NOT register here. You will automatically be sent the Zoom registration link.
Copyright 2011–2021, Independent Writers of Chicago
332 S. Michigan Avenue, #121–W686
Chicago, IL 60604-4434